Welcome To William H. Pouch Scout Camp
Boy Scout of America
William H. Pouch Scout Camp is located in
Staten Island and is New York City's only Scout Camp.
Pouch Camp is open year round for Scouting activities and is accesible by mass transit.. The camp is approximately 143 acres, including several cabins with capacity to hold 14 to 22 Scouts and Scouters. The Camp also includes 55 leantos, 20 tent sites, and a low-impact Camp-O-Ree field with an adjacent amphitheater. There are numerous Picnic Groves as well as a Chapel for our visitors to utilize.
Pouch Camp is an ideal location for day trips and activities, weekend camping, and small
conferences. Our camp has many facilities to meet your Camping and meeting needs.
7 Cabin (2 with Electricity)
16 Lean-to Sites
19 Tents Sites
General Use Areas:
4 Picinic Groves
Reservations Can Be Made Online @ www.bsa-gnyc.org or by Calling (212) 651-3077
Rules and Procedures
· Fees are based on a weekend stay (Friday night to Sunday afternoon) extra days are charged at 50% of the weekend fees per day. Fees listed reflect the subsidized rate for Scouting units only.
· Gas usage - Propane used in cabins is metered, a fee per pound is charged.
· Cabin Deposits – A $50.00 security deposit is due upon arrival at camp for all groups staying in cabins. The deposit will be refunded upon departure from camp, less damages and gas usage.
· Units exceeding the capacity of a cabin may utilize tents for additional campers and will be charged for each additional person over the capacity of the cabin.
· Check in is at 6pm. If you would like to check-in early please contact the office prior to the Wednesday before your camping weekend . If arrangements are not made your unit will not be able to check-in until after 6pm.
· Also No Vehicles are allowed in Camp when there are campers camping this also includes trailers, unless prior arrangements are made several days prior to your arrival at camp We thank you for your consideration in this matter.