A roundup of the week’s top financial news releases from PR Newswire
NEW YORK, November 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the financial industry stay up to date with the week’s most interesting and popular publications, here’s a roundup of the week’s not-to-be-missed stories.
The following list includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headings to access accompanying multimedia content available for download.
- BofA data shows overall consumer spending continued to grow in October, albeit at a slower pace than in previous months
“Our internal data shows that the consumer is still on the move, although holiday spending seems a bit tepid at the moment,” he said David Tinsley, senior economist at the Bank of America Institute. “A rebound in auto supply may mean auto purchases could partially offset a general slowdown in discretionary spending.”
- Consumer confidence in real estate hits new all-time low
Five of the six index components declined month-on-month, including those related to home buying and selling conditions, as persistently high home prices and unfavorable mortgage rates further fuel consumer concerns about housing affordability.
- Black-owned fintech company launches free grant search platform
Black-led fintech and finance company Novae LLC has announced the launch of a new online tool designed to help small businesses find grants and tax incentives that can help them grow exponentially.
- Morningstar introduces the industry’s first global unicorn index series
The new benchmarks, powered by the PitchBook and Morningstar indices, are the first to measure unicorns, or privately held venture capital firms, with ratings from on a daily basis 1 billion dollars or more.
- Legendary NFL quarterback John Elway is making a significant investment in Tom’s Watch Bar, the country’s newest Super Sports Bar concept
“I am very excited about the opportunity to invest directly in Tom’s Watch Bar – a well developed early stage concept with strong unit-level economics,” said Elway.
- Evolve reveals the 12 best places to buy a vacation rental in 2023 From well-known vacation spots in the Smoky Mountains to a burgeoning Pacific Northwest, the list offers valuable insight into where property owners can maximize profits in the coming year, even in the face of economic headwinds.
- Fall Begins College Admissions Journey: College Ave Student Loan Survey Finds 9 in 10 Students Apply to up to 10 Schools
The survey also found that 61% of families are concerned that inflation will affect their ability to pay for college; Make the financing college part of the job interview in the fall.
- Umpqua Bank sets in 1 million dollars in microcredit to BIPOC and women entrepreneurs through Innovative Kiva Partnership
Since April, the Umpqua Bank Loan Fund has supported nearly 200 BIPOC and women entrepreneurs, filling a critical gap in access to finance for many small business owners.
- Reorg and FinDox join forces to offer best-in-class solutions to the credit markets Reorg, a global provider of financial and legal information and data, announced that it has agreed to acquire FinDox, a leading provider of document, compliance and data management.
- 165,000 high school students across the country gain access to personal finance education through NGPF’s Gold Standard Challenge
“The 2030 NGPF mission of guaranteeing ALL high school students a semester of personal finance before graduation is only possible because of the dedication of these educators,” said Christian Sherill, Director of Growth and Advocacy at NGPF. “Gold Standard Challenge grantees lead their communities toward a brighter financial future.”
Read about the latest finance-related publications from PR Newswire and keep up to date with the most important press releases by following them @PRNfinance on Twitter.
Helping journalists stay up to date with industry news
These are just some of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should be aware of. To be notified of publications relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once signed up, reporters, bloggers, and freelancers have access to the following free Features:
- Adjustment: Build a custom newsfeed that delivers relevant news straight to your inbox. Customize the news feed by keyword, industry, topic, geography and more.
- Photos and videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and insert into your next story.
- Subject matter experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect to as sources or for citations in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news summaries, writing tips, upcoming events and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest and most comprehensive distribution network for print, radio, magazine, television, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who log into their PRNJ accounts and specifically search for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and screens this community to confirm its identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover 200+ beats and verticals.
If you have any questions, contact the team at [email protected].
SOURCE PR Newswire