– Spread check: Louisville to 2.5.
—Konata Mumpfield, Pitt’s lead receiver, will be a game decider Saturday night.
– U of L safety Nicario Harper, who joined from Jacksonville State this season, has entered the transfer portal.
– Some bad news for tomorrow night: Louisville is 6-3 in the first game after the release of a Taylor Swift album.
— Donovan Mitchell shares some wild details from “That Night” in March 2020.
– At least five 5 Star prospects will be at Slugger Field tonight for a Five Star event at Louisville Live.
—On the women’s side, Jeff Walz will also be entertaining at least seven recruits that evening.
—JJ Traynor says Kenny Payne told him he would challenge him more than he had ever been challenged before and the head coach wasn’t lying.
– Virginia outscored Georgia Tech in a hard-to-watch 16-9 slugfest Thursday night. The last game of the game made for a worthy conclusion.
– The latest episode of the From the Pink Seats podcast is here.
— The Athletic’s Seth Davis counts down the 20 “most influential” college basketball games of the 2000s, a list spearheaded by UMBC’s excitement over Virginia.
– Winners and Whiners wants Pitt to report on the street spread tomorrow night.
– A herd of cows roams free in Cherokee Park.
— Congratulations to U of L women’s soccer head coach Karen Ferguson-Dayes, who scored her 200th win with the Cardinals in last night’s 1-0 away triumph over NC State.
– Mike DeCourcy writes that expanding the NCAA tournament to 68+ teams may be collegiate sport’s biggest blunder to date.
– ESPN’s Bill Connelly breaks down in college football next weekend.
– Cardinals are keeping tabs on where Louisville commits will be played this Friday night.
– Dave Lackford shares some football recruiting in Louisville in this chat.
—Louisville Report covers priorities for Saturday night’s game against Pitt.
– Bryan Brown’s defense is trying to find some consistency in the second half of the season, which begins tomorrow against the Panthers.
– Matt McGavic shares his biggest takeaways from U of L basketball media day.
—The CJ also has three takeaways from Kenny Payne’s first media day.
—Great feature here on Nolan Smith:
—Lamar Jackson has been named Global Flag Football Ambassador.
—The LEO has five things to do in Louisville this weekend.
– The U of L swim and dive teams parted ways with Tennessee at a meeting Thursday.
– Cardinal volleyball star Aiko Jones gets some love from Jamaican Gleaner.
– Here’s the official U of L preview of tomorrow night’s Homecoming game.
– And finally beat Pitt.