While Kyler Murray was out with a hamstring injury, backup quarterback Colt McCoy led the lead Arizona Cardinals to a victory over the defending Super Bowl champion and the Phoenix Suns unveiled their 2022-23 City Edition home kit, which lives up to its name Arizona‘s indigenous tribes – these are the top stories in the world of Sports from November 7th to 13th.
1. McCoy leads Cards behind Rams 27-17; Cooper Kupp injured: Colt McCoy rushed for 238 yards in his first start of the season, James Conner rushed for two touchdowns and the Arizona Cardinals held on to a 27-17 win over the Los Angeles Rams, who lost Super Bowl MVP Cooper Kupp to a potentially serious ankle injury . Both teams played their backup quarterbacks, with starters Matthew Stafford and Kyler Murray missing through injuries.
INGLEWOOD, CA – NOVEMBER 13: Arizona Cardinals quarterback Colt McCoy (12) celebrates a touchdown during the NFL game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Los Angeles Rams on November 13, 2022 at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, CA. (Photo by Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
2. Phoenix Suns Unveil City Edition 2022-23 Kit: The Phoenix Suns said the Nike uniform honors “Arizona’s 22 federally recognized indigenous tribes with its symbolic turquoise color and thoughtful design details.” TThe Suns will debut the jersey at home against the Golden State Warriors on November 16.
Deandre Ayton in the Phoenix Suns City Edition 2022-23 jersey. (phoenix suns)
3. Tempe Officials Approve Citizens’ Vote on Entertainment District, Arena for Arizona Coyotes: The project, which includes a new home for the Arizona Coyotes and an entertainment district, will be put before Tempe voters, pending the project being approved by city officials.
Renders released by the Arizona Coyotes include proposed restaurants, shops and apartments on 46 acres of land near Rio Salado and Priest Drive, not far from Loop 202. (Courtesy: Arizona Coyotes)
4. Astros fan waits 36 hours in line to meet Jose Altuve after her recent cancer treatment: Houston Astros fan Liza Valverde chose not to ring the bell after her recent cancer treatment but rushed to be first in line to meet Jose Altuve at his autograph session. She also waited in line for 36 hours to fulfill her dream of meeting her favorite player.
5. Ex-UFC champion Cain Velasquez posted $1 million bail in an attempted murder case: Cain Velasquez, a former UFC champion, has pleaded not guilty to attempted murder. Velasquez allegedly shot and wounded the stepfather of a man accused of molesting Velasquez’s son.
SAN JOSE, CA – MARCH 2: SAN JOSE, CA – MARCH 2: Cain Velasquez, center, is photographed with his attorney Alexandra Kazarian, second from right, during Velasquez’s first court appearance for attempted murder at Santa Clara County Hall
The Associated Press (AP) contributed to this report.
Tune in to FOX 10 Phoenix for the latest news:
(Clockwise from top left: Brian Rothmuller/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images; Phoenix Suns; Aric Crabb/MediaNews Group/East Bay Times via Getty Images; Arizona Coyotes)