The Made in Hawaii Festival, presented by Mahi Pono and produced by the Hawaii Food Industry Association, announced the return of its cooking demonstrations, food tastings and live entertainment for the three-day festival at the Ala Moana Center over the November 24 Veterans Day holiday weekend 11-13, 2022.
The festival features award-winning live entertainment from Nā Hōkū Hanohano, local chefs showcasing their favorite island recipes to audiences, and for the first time, an alcohol tasting featuring beverages from Kona Brewing Co., Lanikai Brewing and Paradise Ciders for guests 21 and over.
“The Made in Hawai’i Festival was excited to welcome back live entertainment and cooking demonstrations — something we couldn’t do last year,” said Lauren Zirbel, executive director of the Hawai’i Food Industry Association, the organization that hosts the festival. “In addition to shopping for thousands of locally made products, attendees will have the opportunity to mingle with Hawaii’s top chefs, sample food from vendors and enjoy the festival’s first alcohol tasting from Kona Brewing Co., Lanikai Brewing and Paradise Ciders.”
The Made in Hawaii Festival entertainment schedule is as follows and is subject to change. The entertainment stage hosts cooking demonstrations and live entertainment:
Friday 11 Nov
- 10:30 a.m. Chef Demo: Chef Randy Bangloy, Eating House 1849
- 11:15 am Chef Jason Yamaguchi, Mugen Waikiki (one of the Hawaiian Airlines chefs)
- 12:30 p.m. Live Entertainment: Bobby Moderow, Jr.*
- 2 p.m. Live Entertainment: Keilana*
- 15:30 Live Entertainment: Melveen Leed*
Saturday November 12th
- 10:15 am Chef Demo: Chef Nico Chaize, Nico’s Pier 38
- 11 am Chef Demo: Chef Jason Ichiki, Roy’s Waikīkī
- 12:30 p.m. Live Entertainment: Hoku Zuttermeister*
- 1:15 p.m. 2021 Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Search Winner, Kekoa Correa
- 2pm Live Entertainment: Kawika Kahiapo*
- 3:00 p.m. Winners of the 2022 Kani Ka Pila Grille Talent Scout
Sunday 13 November
- 10:15 a.m. Chef demo: Chef Bianca Alsip-Freeny, Tailor-made catering
- 11 am Chef Demo: Chef Keaka Lee, Kapa Hale
- 12:30 Live Entertainment: Frank De Lima
- 2 p.m. Live Entertainment: Del Beazley*
- 3:30pm Live Entertainment: Robi Kahakalau* & Kala’e Camarillo*
* Nā Hōkū Hanohano award winner
An alcohol tasting area, hosted by Odom Corporation, will be available for those 21 and older to sample products from Kona Brewing Co., Lanikai Brewing and Paradise Ciders.
Attendees can purchase a two-hour timed entry pass for $13 or an all-day entry pass for $35 that allows for a full day of easy access to and from the festival site.
The Made in Hawaii Festival is produced by the Hawaii Food Industry Association and presented by Mahi Pono. The festival is generously sponsored by the Central Pacific Bank, the official bank; Hawaiian Airlines, the official airline; and the Ala Moana Hotel, the official host hotel of the Made in Hawaii Festival.