Megan Thee Stallion issues a restraining order against Label | entertainment

Megan Thee Stallion’s record label has been issued with a restraining order after they tried to “block” the use of her music at the American Music Awards.

The ‘Sweetest Pie’ hitmaker is set to perform at the awards show in Los Angeles on November 20, amid a long-running feud with 1501 Certified Entertainment, with whom she has had a number of issues, including being blocked from releasing her new music and contract issues – the rap megastar had to take legal action to continue her performance.

As TMZ reported, the 27-year-old star accused the label of “threatening and retaliatory behavior” that could cause “irreparable harm” to her career in an order filed in Harris County District Court in Texas.

1501 will have an opportunity to comment on the allegations at a hearing on November 22.

The two parties are embroiled in a two-year legal battle.

Over the summer, Megan sued the label for $1 million in damages.

The ‘Savage’ hitmaker changed her lawsuit after releasing her latest album on her deal with the Traumazine label.

In addition to seeking financial reimbursement for allegedly unpaid royalties, she hired a forensic investigator to determine why the LP was leaked early.

Carl Crawford, the founder of 1501, also claimed that Megan failed to pay the company her share of her touring and merchandise profits.

Megan was also countered by 1501 for her compilation Something for Thee Hotties.

The ‘WAP’ hitmaker, whose real name is Megan Pete, filed a lawsuit against the label in February “requesting a statement that her album ‘Something for Thee Hotties’ is an ‘album’ under the terms of the recording agreement of the parties.”

The record in question was released on October 29, 2021.

She claimed she was told on January 5 that the record was not classified as an album under her record deal.

Her attorneys said in the filing, “1501’s new position, taken months after the album’s release, is clearly a ploy to attempt to further exploit Pete at great expense and not in good faith.”

1501 disagreed, however, and filed a new lawsuit, alleging that the release “consisted of 21 recordings and includes recordings of spoken interludes on which MTS does not appear, as well as several previously released recordings.”

They argued that the ‘Butter’ hitmaker only featured for less than 30 minutes on the entire release and that her contract with them includes a clause stating that it “must contain at least 12 new master recordings of her in order to it represents an album of studio performances of previously unreleased musical compositions.”

However, Megan’s side insisted that she was only told it would have to be 45 minutes long.

She took to Twitter to call out the label because they allegedly told her they weren’t making enough money for her one minute and wanted to make more money off her the next.

She wrote: “First the guy above my label said I don’t make him money… now he’s countering and trying to keep me on his label because he wants to make more money lol if I don’t make you money why not let it just fall me? (sic)”

In 2020, Megan accused the label of blocking the release of her new music.

The ‘Hot Girl Summer’ rapper explained that she attempted to negotiate aspects of her contract with 1501 after signing a deal with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation management – who enlightened her on some of the terms of the deal.

And she insisted she’s “not a greedy person” and doesn’t like “confrontation.”

Megan said at the time: “I’m not a greedy person. I’m not a person who likes confrontations. I’m nice and very family oriented.”

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *