NY Cannabis Insider Live, presented by Cannaspire, will host a professional cannabis industry conference on Friday, November 4th from 9:00am to 5:30pm at the Westchester Marriott in Tarrytown. Join cannabis entrepreneurs and other industry professionals such as growers, incumbent operators and supporters for a day of actionable industry insights discussed by thought leaders. There will be ample networking time to connect with others working in the cannabis space. View the full list of panel speakers and topics here.
There is still a limited number of tickets available for purchase.
The schedule for the all-day event on November 4th has been set. Participants can look forward to lively and informative discussions on the following topics:
· Labs & Breeders: Croptober is over and the harvest is here – how does it look? Yeast and mold are big problems and word on the street is that a large percentage of growers were unable to produce smokable bud this year. Will the OCM revise its testing limits to allow these crops to enter the market? What other takeaways have we learned from the very first harvest?
· Sharks in the water: Hear from industry veterans about the seedy underworld of the early-stage cannabis markets, what’s currently happening behind the scenes in New York, and what to look out for as you jump into the game.
· The Trials and Confusions of Cannabis Education: From kindergarten to college to retirement communities, educating about cannabis is a tough but necessary endeavor for those passionate about educating our communities. Learn how this effort is progressing in New York and what obstacles are blocking progress.
· Lessons from the legacy: We’ve heard a lot about legacy operators going legal, but what can legal operators learn from the legacy market? Hear from established operators who have built an underground brand on the steps they took to build a successful cannabis business while staying under the radar.
· Disadvantage of rebooking: President Biden’s recent announcement of marijuana pardons and cannabis rescheduling took the country by surprise in October. A panel of experts from NYC and the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association will discuss what the President’s debt restructuring policy could mean for New York’s burgeoning industry.
· Listen to opt-outs: If you’re seeking municipal approval to open a cannabis business, you’ll have to deal with skeptical community members who could thwart your plans. Speakers on this panel are concerned about the impact the marijuana trade may be having on their communities. They share what’s worrying them and how potential business owners can address these issues.
· Real Talk: Five interesting people from different parts of New York’s cannabis industry will gather on stage to ask each other burning questions. No moderator. Just real talk.
View and download the schedule here.
NY Cannabis Insider has curated top industry experts from New York State to talk about these topics:
- Adrian Adams – CEO, Ontogen Botanicals
- Tosin Ajayi – Founder of NYU Cannapolicy and Owner of Holistic Remedies LLC
- Lisa Casa – Associate, Forchelli Deegan Terrana Law
- Terrence Coffie – Adjunct Lecturer, New York University and Founder of the Social Justice Network
- Colin Decker – Owner/Founder and Principal Advisor, Sensei Growth Consulting
- Leah Digiacobbe – Senior Technical Director, Talon Analytical
- Michelle Fields – Attorney at Law and Consultant to the Mary Jane Consulting Group
- Anne Forkutza – Head of Strategic Growth, Dutchie
- Claire Hankin – Associate, Feuerstein Kulick
- Warren Harasz – Vice President of Regulatory Compliance, Cannaspire
- Jeffrey Hoffman – Attorney, Law Office of Jeffrey Hoffman
- David Holland, Esq. – Partner, Prince Lobel
- Matt Kachmar – Co-Founder, TKSxSensei
- Aaron Leentjes – Co-Founder and Owner, UNIFI Cannabis
- Esther Lelievre – 1st Vice President, Community Education Council member, District 29 Southeast Queens, co-founder of the Cultivated Community Foundation (CCF)
- Fred Muench – President, Partnership to End Addiction
- David O’Brien – President and CEO, Massachusetts Cannabis Business Association
- Colby Piper – Director of Cannabis Real Estate, Ripco Real Estate LLC
- dr Jeffrey Reynolds – President/CEO, Family and Children’s Association
- Andrew Schriever – Partner, Prince Lobel
- Sheri Tarr – Founder and Principal Advisor of ’68 Partners
- Tiffany Yarde – CEO x Sales, SHOKi Bev Corp
- Michael Zaytsev – Academic Director, LIM College
Seats are limited and tickets are expected to sell out soon. Click here for more details and to purchase tickets.
NY Cannabis Insider Live events are attended by industry professionals, lobbyists, and entrepreneurs looking to start their own cannabis business, as well as those from cannabis-related businesses such as legal, security, retail, banking, finance, construction, engineering, , management consulting and medical expertise.
New York Cannabis Insider Live: Event Sponsors and Vendors
Sponsors and partners for NY Cannabis Insider events are the companies shaping the industry locally and regionally. Look for them at the event for advice and help with your cannabis business.
· Cannaspire provides the products, services and advice business owners need to thrive in the cannabis industry, from application to expansion.
The Syracuse University College of Professional Studies is a global, inclusive, and forward-thinking college that provides access to a diverse student body and learner seeking a Syracuse University degree, qualification, certificate, or educational experience from anywhere in the world.
· Brown & Weinraub, PLLC is a leading government relations and strategic advisory law firm representing a broad spectrum of business interests incorporated and/or expanding in New York.
· Green Light Law Group is a commercial and litigation practice serving the cannabis industry, empowering clients since 2014.
The Cannabis Workforce Initiative is a collaboration between the New York State School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University and the Workforce Development Institute. Its mission is to promote and support social justice in the adult cannabis market by providing quality human resources development and legal education.
· Dutchie powers the world’s top cannabis retailers, from multi-state operators to locally owned dispensaries.
· NYSIF’s mission is to ensure the availability of worker’s injury and disability insurance for New York employers at the lowest possible cost while maintaining a solvent fund.
· Ayrloom is a vertically integrated cannabis company rooted in over 100 years of farming passion and expertise in New York State.
· East Coast Cannabis Insurance are independent agents working for you to find the best coverage at the lowest cost.
· NorthEast Extracts is a large 400 liter capacity CO2 processor offering industrial scale extraction, distillation, manufacturing and distribution.
· Stephen Gould Corp. Safely Lock manufactures custom child-resistant cannabis packaging.
· Blue Skies is a cannabis business consulting firm that offers personalized help at every stage of the marijuana licensing process.
· Tri-State Carbonation provides reliable, quality-driven CO2 solutions for your grow operation.
· Cannabis360 generates awareness, engagement and leads for your cannabis business.
Contact Lindsay Wickham, Events Specialist for more information about the event.
As entrepreneurs and cannabis professionals prepare to thrive in the multi-billion dollar legal cannabis industry, NY Cannabis Insider events allow attendees to learn about regulations, network, create teams and foundations, and create business plans.