ex-Arizona Cardinals Cornerback Patrick Peterson has exacted revenge on his former team and Tom Brady has announced the end of his 13-year marriage – these make the headlines in the world of sport from October 24-30.
1. Former NFL player Chad Johnson leaves $1,000 in tip at IHOP in Tennessee: Former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson, formerly known as Chad Ochocinco, posted a receipt on his Twitter page in which he left a $1,000 tip for the Knoxville restaurant on Saturday, bringing the total fee to $1,014, Raised $29.
CINCINNATI, OHIO – SEPTEMBER 29: Chad Ochocinco watches the pregame warm up prior to the game between the Miami Dolphins and the Cincinnati Bengals at Paycor Stadium on September 29, 2022 in Cincinnati, Ohio. (Photo by Dylan Buell/Getty Images)
2. Peterson and Hicks of the Vikings get revenge on the Cardinals: Patrick Peterson celebrated several big games, often with the Arizona touchline in the Minnesota Vikings’ 34-26 win over the Cardinals. He still talked after the game. “I’ve been told a lot about myself by this organization,” said Peterson. “I got fan emails from the owner saying I can’t help. I am old. I lost it. So I wanted to show them that.”
MINNEAPOLIS, MN – OCTOBER 30: Minnesota Vikings cornerback Patrick Peterson (7) breaks up a pass intended for Arizona Cardinals wide receiver AJ Green (18) during the first quarter of a game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Arizona Cardinals at the Oc (Photo by Nick Wosika/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)
3. National anthem singer messes up lyrics at World Series opener: Grammy-nominated singer Eric Burton lost track of the lyrics during “The Star-Spangled Banner” before the start of the World Series between the Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies.
HOUSTON, TX – OCTOBER 28: Eric Burton sings the national anthem prior to Game 1 of the 2022 World Series between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park on Friday October 28, 2022 in Houston, Texas. (Photo by Mary DeCicco/MLB Photos via Getty Images)
4. Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen Divorce Goes Official: “We’ve Grown Apart”: Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen have finalized their divorce, they announced, ending the 13-year marriage between two superstars who have each reached the pinnacle of fashion and football. “We wish each other nothing but the best as we pursue the new chapters in our lives that have yet to be written,” Brady said.
FILE: Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers celebrates with Gisele Bundchen after winning Super Bowl LV at Raymond James Stadium on February 7, 2021 in Tampa, Florida. (Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)
5. Former Suns player Eric Bledsoe arrested on alleged domestic violence incident: TMZ: Shortly after it was revealed that former Phoenix Suns player Eric Bledsoe signed with the CBA’s Shanghai Sharks, he was arrested on allegations of domestic violence in the West Los Angeles area, according to a report.
PHOENIX, AZ – MARCH 5: Phoenix Suns’ Eric Bledsoe #2 handles the ball during the NBA game against the Boston Celtics at Talking Stick Resort Arena on March 5, 2017 in Phoenix, Arizona. The Suns defeated the Celtics 109-106. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
The Associated Press (AP) contributed to this report.
(Clockwise from top left: Nick Wosika/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images; Dylan Buell/Getty Images; Christian Petersen/Getty Images; Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images)