Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], Nov 12 (ANI/PNN): The 3rd edition of the SWA Awards, organized annually by the Screenwriters Association of India, was held on Nov 9, 2022 at St Andrews Auditorium, Mumbai. It was the first on-site event for the SWA Awards, as the previous two awards shows were held virtually due to the pandemic. Notable figures such as Shabana Azmi, Ashutosh Gowarikar, Prakash Jha and Mahesh Bhatt graced the event. The awards are an annual event celebrating the country’s best screenwriters. It is the only ceremony in India dedicated exclusively to the screenwriters and lyricists of Hindi feature films, Hindi TV shows and Hindi web series. The SWA Awards are judged by a panel of eminent screenwriters and aim to be the most coveted and prestigious award for screenwriters in India, on par with International Writers’ Guilds screenwriting awards around the world. The SWA Awards 2022 were awarded in 17 categories.
The awards ceremony had a unique theatrical performance of Desi Nautanki-style live songs and drama that had a tongue-in-cheek, funny and satirical reflection on the issues screenwriters face in their professional lives. Speaking later about the show’s concept, Satyam Tripathy, Convenor, SWA Awards, who conceived the play, said, “We wanted to do something different in terms of the format of an awards show. And we also had a lot to say about screenwriters and their problems, and we were done preaching or inciting. That’s how the song and drama act came about, in which we had an anthem, ‘Aao Haath Uthaaye Hum Bhi’, as well as a smug but amusing song, ‘Sankat Adrishya Banke’, which spoke about a screenwriter’s suffering during the pandemic. We sang about our “Haq Zindabad” and also laughed about being social media friendly in the song “PR Karo Kuch Yaar Karo” I think in the end we just wanted to have fun with or have fun i.e. talent in Urdu.
The theatrical number was written by Amit Aryan and Shelly with lyrics by Shelly and Satyam, music composed by Udbhav Ojha and directed by Dharmesh Mehta. Dhananjay Kumar, Chairman of the SWA Awards, added, “SWA Awards night is a celebration of screenwriters for screenwriters with screenwriters.”
The Screenwriters’ Association (SWA) was founded in 1960 and is an association by writers for writers and by writers. Prominent writers such as K. Abbas, Ramanand Sagar, Sahir Ludhianvi, Majrooh Sultanpuri, Shailendra, Krishn Chander, Kamal Amrohi, Rajendra Krishna, Ali Raza were among the founding fathers of the association (formerly the Film Writers Association). Anyone interested in writing for television, web series and films can become a member of SWA. SWA AWARDS 2022 – WINNER LIST
– Best Story for Web Adaptation – Grahan – Anu Singh Chaudhary, Shailendra Kumar, Jha Navjot Gulati – Best Screenplay for Web Adaptation – Dil Bekaraar – Suhani Kanwar Ruchika Roy
– Web Adaptation – Best Dialogue – The Married Woman – Jaya Misra Aparna Nadig – Web Original – Best Story – Tabbar – Harman Wadala, Sandeep Jain, Mr. Roy
– Web Original Best Screenplay – Mumbai Diaries 26/11 – Nikhil Gonsalves, Anushka Mehrotra, Yash Chhetija – Web Original Best Dialogue – Tabbar – Harman Wadala, Sandeep Jain, Mr. Roy
– Television – Best Dialogue – Punyashlok Ahilyabai – Usha Dixit – Television – Best Screenplay – Wagle Ki Duniya – Nayee Peedhi Naye Kissey – Sambhav Khetarpal, Aditi Powar
– Best TV Story – Wagle Ki Duniya-Nayee Peedhi Naye Kissey – Aatish Kapadia, Jayesh Patil. JD Majethia, Sambhav Khetarpal, Aditi Powar – Best Lyrics – Feature Films – Mera Aasman Hai Papa from Mera Fauji Calling – Shakeel Azmi
– Best Text – TV/Web – Zindagi Mere Ghar Aana from TV Show Zindagi Mere Ghar Aana – Zaman Habib – Feature Film – Best Story Debut – Tribhanga – Renuka Shahane
– Feature Film – Best Screenplay Debut – Tribhanga – Renuka Shahane – Feature Film – Best Dialogue Debut – Ramprasad ki Tehrvi – Seema Pahwa
– Feature Film – Best Story – Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui – Abhishek Kapoor, Supratik Sen, Tushar Paranjpe – Feature Film – Best Screenplay – Mimi – Laxman Utekar, Rohan Shankar
– Feature Film – Best Dialogue – Sardar Udham – Ritesh Shah This story was provided by PNN. ANI is in no way responsible for the content of this article. (ANI/PNN)
(This story has not been edited by Devdiscourse staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)