Former US surgeon general, CEO of the National Urban League among leaders for dialogue on health, economic justice in the US and new York.
NEW YORK, October 24, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — US News & World Report, the global authority in data-driven journalism and analysis, will bring together stakeholders with shared interests on issues related to financial and health justice and highlight solutions to them new York and in addition for the inaugural forum “The State of Equity in America”. November 16, 2022 at 75 Rockefeller Plaza in new York.
This exclusive invitation-only event will bring together thought leaders and experts from business, government, healthcare, the nonprofit world and other sectors for a two-day program that will explore economic inequalities (8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m) and health inequalities (1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m) in America, with particular focus on new York.
The morning program will include a discussion on the challenges of a post-COVID economy in new York and in The United States – including the housing crisis – and what can be done to help those on the lower income brackets get ahead. The afternoon program will highlight the health disparities among the underserved and ways to work together to improve health equity for New Yorkers and across America.
John GerzemaCEO of The Harris Poll, will present findings from a recent survey conducted by Harris Poll/US News that will shed light on Americans’ concerns and perceptions about these important issues.
Confirmed participants are:
Financial Equity (AM)
- Darren WalkerPresident of the Ford Foundation
- Maria Torres-SpringerDeputy Mayor for Economic and Human Resources Development, NYC
- Jennifer Jones Austin, Esq.Managing Director, Federation of Evangelical Welfare Associations
- Denise Scott, President of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Kathryn S WyldePresident and CEO, Partnership for NYC
- Richard MackCEO and co-founder of Mack Real Estate Group
- Barika X WilliamsManaging Director, Association for Neighborhood & Housing
- Beth FerreiraPartners, FirstMark
- Felix V. Matos Rodriguez, Ph.D.Chancellor of City University of New York
- hope knightPresident, CEO and Commissioner of Empire State Development
- Shamina Singh, Founder and President, Center for Inclusive Growth, Mastercard; Executive Vice President of Corporate Sustainability, Mastercard
Health Justice (afternoon)
- Regina Benjaminmdformer Surgeon General of the United States
- Marc H MorialPresident and CEO, National League of cities
- Philip O. Ozuah, MD, Ph.DPresident and CEO, Montefiore Medical Center
- Wayne J RileymdPresident of SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University
- Selwyn M. VickersmdPresident and CEO, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Steven J CorwinmdPresident and CEO, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Karl PhillipsManaging Partner and Co-Founder, Recognize
- Deborah PhillipsExecutive Director, Black Directors Health Equity Agenda
- Ali Shirvani MahdaviPhDVice President of Health Equity Analytics, Optum
“The financial and health impacts of COVID-19 have revealed deep fractures in our economy and exacerbated health inequalities that pose major challenges to ensuring the health and vitality of individuals and entire communities, particularly those who are underserved,” he said Eric Gertler, Chairman and CEO of US News. “At the ‘The State of Equity in America’ forum, US News brings together industry and thought leaders to learn from one another and work together to advance solutions for health and economic justice The United States.”
The partners of the event include MasterCard®, optimum, Chief Executives for corporate purposes and Black Director Health Justice Agenda.
Media interested in attending The State of Equity Forum in America should contact us Jessica Lewis Young ([email protected]) and connect to the forum Twitter and LinkedIn with #USNEquity.
About US News & World Report
US News & World Report is a global leader in quality rankings that empower consumers, business leaders and policymakers to make better, more informed decisions on important issues affecting their lives and communities. A multifaceted digital media company with platforms for education, health, money, travel, autos, news, real estate and 360 reviews, US News offers rankings, independent reporting, data journalism, consumer advice and US News Live events. More than 40 million people visit USNews.com each month for research and advice. US News was founded in 1933 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C
SOURCE US News & World Report, LP