Holiday shoppers have a wide range of new omnichannel solutions to enhance their customer experience at Verizon retail stores.
The wireless equipment and services retailer has rolled out a technology refresh across its 1,400+ physical stores, including nearly 15,000 new mobile POS tablets and more than 4,000 new payment terminals. Verizon says it’s transforming its store technology infrastructure to increase service speed and flexibility for customers while providing a unified shopping experience.
Below are the highlights of the solutions Verizon uses in its stores:
- View Together, a seamless, digital customer service experience that allows customers to review their wireless plans and ask questions with Verizon agents, online or in-store. It also leads customers to an unsupported post-interaction experience.
- Using a proprietary AI model, Verizon is improving its ability to predict customer service needs across all channels, e.g. B. the volume of calls to customer care, planned installations and store visits. This should enable Verizon to make optimized personnel decisions.
- Verizon’s latest pickup lockers are now available to business customers, giving them the ability to use the secure lockers to drop off and pick up devices. This allows businesses to order online and collect same day, even outside of business hours.
- A “Return Anywhere” policy gives customers more options for returning devices, including expanded wireless handset return and trade-in capabilities. This program enables two new return options: dropping off items at a UPS Store location using a QR code and returning them to a Verizon store.
- Set Up & Go, a white-glove service offering Verizon customers a personalized phone setup experience. Customers have the choice to serve themselves or choose the one-time optional $29.99 Setup and Go experience, where retail store associates assist with new device setup tasks, including installing accessories and transferring contacts and the transfer of My Verizon app and premium content.
- Customers can download and use the My Verizon app to view Verizon’s latest offers, check in when they arrive at a retailer’s stores, or schedule an appointment.
“Regardless of where your Verizon shopping journey begins or ends, our technology is focused on empowering customers,” said Vivek Gurumurthy, CIO and Senior VP, Verizon Global Technology Solutions, Consumer tailored for you and delivered as an omni experience in any other channel of your choice.”
NPD: In-store sales have an advantage over online sales this year
Verizon is making great efforts to keep its stores as moConsumers plan to shop in physical stores this holiday season than last year, according to The NPD Group’s annual Holiday Purchase Intent Survey.
This is also the first year since the pandemic that consumers expect to do their holiday shopping in stores (46%) rather than online (45%). NPD’s receipt-based findings support the new findings, with in-store sales revenue rising 1% year-on-year in September while online sales were flat, the company said.